Monday 20 June 2016

What to wear when you have nothing to wear

We've all been there. That feeling when you wake up, gaze in horror at your burgeoning wardrobe and realise you have nothing to wear.

This happened to me during a recent trip to London. I found myself staring hopelessly at my bulging wardrobe before announcing to my bewildered boyfriend that I had absolutely nothing to wear.  First world problems, I know.

The fact of the matter is, I did. I'd just lost my fashion mojo somewhere between the discarded t-shirts and impossible summer shorts. So I did what any self-respecting girl would do, and asked myself that all important question -  what would Alexa Chung do?

And in the blink of an eye, it came to me. It was time to pull out the big guns; the ultimate classics; the weekend survival kit.


For me, off-duty dressing will always be a pair of ripped jeans, an over-sized top and a pair of statement heels. Chic yet comfortable; stylist yet slouchy. Enough to see you through even the sleepiest Sunday lunch.

*Similar style featured

I teamed my Sunday staples with this pair of suede sandals from H&M. I love the double strap design and chunky block heel - perfect for exploring the streets of Notting Hill. 

After all, you know what they say about a Sunday well spent...
Share:
© Rachel Cromwell | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig